“The Burning House” is a project run by an american designer. For a long time, the guy has been collecting photos of objects that
people would take with them in case of emergency. The project recently resulted in a book. However, you can still submit your own picture on this website.
As I’m actually always thinking about “what would I take in case of fire?”, I thought it would be fun to gather my stuff and make my “emergency kit!”:
1. My grandfather’s hat
2. My main camera
3. Home and bike keys
4. My lomo fisheye camera
5. A wood sculpture that my grandpa’s made for me
6. Pen knife
7. An old picture of my husband and me
9. The edelweiss my husband gave to me in proof of his love, following the old austrian tradition :-)
10. A crystal necklace I wore at my wedding, made by a friend of mine
11. My wedding ring (I’m always wearing it any way, except for this picture)
12. A couple of hairpins
13. My robot
14. My wallet with pin and credit card
15. Eye liner
16. My laptop
17. iPhone – I need to be able to record the house burning to post on Youtube!
18. HD full of files
19. A pile of old family pictures
20. Passport, my main ID
And what about you?